Our group is working on detector optimisation for The International Linear Collider.
The following pages are divided into informations for
- Insider, i.e. people working in FLC. Note these pages are partially password protected.
- Outsider who are interested in our project.
More information about our subgroups:
More information about our detector philosophy:
- the idea of particle flow
- working principle of a time projection chamber
- working principle of a sandwich calorimeter
- working principle of a polarimeter
- short introduction to PET
Some more general information about the international linear collider and the detection of elementary particles can be found on external pages:
- linearcollider.org: What is the ILC?
- Welt der Physik: ILC - Maschine, Detektoren, Forschung (German page)
- DESY KworkQuark: Teilchennachweis im Detektor (German page)
If you are interested om a bachelor, master, diploma or PhD thesis have a look at our thesis offers for contact information. We are always happy to welcome new members.